13262538

I have friend (female) who has a child with a British

I have Peruvian friend (female) who has a child with a British National currently living and working in the UK.
She resides in Peru with her child. The child holds a British passport and the British national is documented as his biological father.
She has had problem with him paying child support. He will send the odd £80 here and there, but sometimes he will not send money for months.
Is there anyway of enforcing maintenance here in the UK? Peru are not part of the Remo countries. So, looking for general advice
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Which part of the UK does the father live in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareHe lives in London
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then she can issue a Court applictaion for child maintenance here in the Uk - and will then be able to enforce it if need be.

Clearly it will not be easy dealing with this from Peru - but she can instruct a solicitor to deal with it

Please ask if you need further please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She can instruct a solicitor here in the UK to represent her? Would I be able to do this on her behalf or will she have to present herself to the court?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You can do this - and she can "appear" via video link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome i hope all goes well