Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I would like to start divorce proceedings cause my husband

I would like to start divorce proceedings cause my husband is having an affair
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm how long you have been married and if he will admit to adultery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11 years and no he will not admit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** case you can apply under the fact of unreasonable behaviour and cite his affair, and any other incidents of unreasonable behaviour that has led to an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage. He does not need to consent or agree to this, but can defend it if he believes that the marriage has not irretrievably broken down.

You can follow the procedure here to petition for divorce: https://www.gov.uk/divorce/overview

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you