Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

He has to apply indefinite in October,can I get it stop.

He has to apply for his indefinite in October,can I get it stop.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Is he currently on a spousal visa?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
his last one
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

When does that expire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
October of this year.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. As he remains on a spousal visa you must inform the Home Office of the separation and impending divorce. It does not necessarily mean he will be asked to leave the country and it will be for them to decide what to do. However, as the terms of the spousal visa will have been impacted by the separation you must inform them.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working can I get legal aid my wages is low paid.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

In relation to the divorce?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

You will only be eligible for legal aid for a divorce if there is evidence of domestic violence from him towards you in the last 60 months

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay so if I just go on adultery how much will it roughly cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also not sleeping in the martial bed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

You cannot rely on adultery unless he is willing to admit to it. If he does not admit to it you will need to rely on unreasonable behaviour and state his affair as one of the behaviours that led to the irretrievable breakdown of the relationship.

In relation to costs - you should check local family solicitor firms, as many do fixed-fees that vary in price between £500-1000 for uncontested divorces. In relation to the court fee this is £550 on top of any legal fees, but given your low income you can apply to waive this fee using a fee remission form.