75100385

My partner has been charged with domestic violence and is

Customer Question

Hi, my partner has been charged with domestic violence and is not due in court for four weeks. We have been together for 20 years and really want to be together, this was a one off and have no bruises is there a way i can do something as my 13 year old son is distraught as i am as he can't contact us. He is my rock and need him home as i suffer with depression. I really need to know if there is anything i can do. I haven't pressed charges but the police or cps have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't bare to see my son so upset, he has parents evening this week, in a show next week and then going away with his school and is very upset that dad can't be there for any of it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you call the Police?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No a neighbour did. I have already paid £36 not sure i can afford any more.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure, that was only for a telephone call if you wanted it.

Just to be clear, you havent given any statement and there are no photos of injuries?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke to them on the night and no photos. They also spoke to my son. My son was origionally asleep but i woke him up cos i was going to leave and go to a relative for the night. He told the police what i had said he didn't see anything.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then there is not anything you can do.

If you have not given a statement and there are no photos it is likely that he will be found not guilty.

Generally the CPS will prosecute as this is domestic violence and their policy says they will continue, but if there is no evidence from a victim, or any photographs, then unless the neighbour saw anything and is going to give evidence, I cant see there being a case.

So subject to the above he is likely to be found not guilty. But sadly there is nothing you can do whatever, you have to let the process continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should he plead not guilty at the magistrates.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I havent seen the evidence, but if there is none or it is weak then yes

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou. Can i wtite a letter to the magistrate?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You can yes if you want to

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who would i give it to?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Post it to Court or get send it to your partners Solicitor to give to the Court

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou very much for your help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex