13262538

I would like to give my daughter the money from the sale of

I would like to give my daughter the money from the sale of my property to allow her to buy a house.I will continue to live in rented accomodation. I have been told that if I have to go into a care home that the money I give my daughter can be demanded by the council to pay for my care fees, is this true?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I am afraid that it is basically correct.

The Council can refuse to fund your Care Home fees if they decide that you have intentionally deprived yourself assets

You can read more here

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/home-and-care/care-homes/deprivation-of-assets-in-the-means-test-for-care-home-provision/

Please ask if you need further details