Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My partner of 27 years owns 16% of our property. If I leave

My partner of 27 years owns 16% of our property. If I leave my share 84% to my children on death, does she have the right to continue living in our home as long as she wishes?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are/were you married to each other?

-Is the property held as tenants in common in the above shares - therefore reflected on the title deed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot afford to pay more than £26 and would just like an answer to the one question. We will have a civil partnership and the land registry will reflect the details of our ownership
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. As she is registered on the title she has a legal interest in the property and therefore a right to continue occupy it after your death.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you