Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have child arrangements order which sets out that my son

I have child arrangements order which sets out that my son is with me on Monday and Tuesday nights plus alternate weekends picking him up from school and returning him to school. He has an inset day on Monday and my ex-partner is saying I cannot collect him until after school would ordinarily finish. This usual arrangement is set out in the order to continue throughout the year with specific holiday arrangements superimposed. Please can you clarify whether the court order means we are each responsible for our son's care on the day he is ordered to be with us i.e in my case, Mondays Tuesdays and alternate Friday's / weekends?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Can you attach a copy of the order to this thread please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm trying to work out how on my phone!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Screenshots attached
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harris. Please can you confirm that you are able to read my attachments? Thanks. Jackie
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - but there is only the first page - please send the rest of the order

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies - problems with technology. Should have the final order attached now. Regards. Jackie
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. It is unhelpful that the order does not cover arrangements during the "day". However, having read this it would be reasonable to expect the parent who is having the child on Sunday night to have him during the day on Monday - so if it is Week 1 arrangements, it should be you, and if it is Week 2 arrangements, it should be the father.

This will also allow both of you to comply with the requirement for the handover to take place at school.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you