Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband pays child maintenance s daughter will be 18 in

My husband pays child maintenance his daughter will be 18 in October 2016 she has chosen not to see her dad for 3 months we don't know the reason and have tried to reach out to her with no luck she is at college and we think she wants to do another year at least how do we stand financially
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-When does she complete college?

-Is she studying A-Levels or is she on a government approved training course?

-How is child maintenance dealt with (ie. is it a direct arrangement with the father or is there a formal application with the CMS?)

-What is the father's gross taxable salary?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
July 2017, direct arragement, £26000, a levels we think
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Specifically in relation to child maintenance he has a legal obligation to continue funding this up to the age of 20 if she remains in full-time education that is not higher than A-Levels or equivalent.

His legal liability, based on a gross salary of £26,000 per year, no other children in his care and her staying overnight less than once a week on average (this is the minimum for calculation purposes), is £60 per week. If he refuses to pay this you will need to submit an application to the Child Maintenance Service on 0800 0835 130

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you