Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife is filing under the conditions of us being separated

Customer Question

My wife is filing for divorce under the conditions of us being separated and that we will not get back together. She has asked me to write a letter to say I have no objections to the divorce. My wife committed adultery. Do I have to write this letter or is there a way it can be put down as her adultery that ended the marriage?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. If you have been separated for two years then she will need your consent to apply for the divorce under this ground.

You state that she committed adultery, and if she admits to it you can apply for divorce yourself under this fact if she admits the adultery and you had not cohabited for a period of 6 months or more after finding out about the adultery.

In the circumstances, if you have been separated for two years or more, it may be best to agree to the divorce so long as you have been separated for this amount of time to avoid any animosity.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.