Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

We have just found out that the father of my baby is not the

Hi we have just found out that the father of my baby is not the biological father of baby belongs to somebody else we have had a DNA test for it What rights does the non-biological father have over the child
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. How old is the child and what involvement has the non-biological father had to date, including arrangements to see the child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Up until yesterday he thought he was the father although we had split up he did still have contact with us but I've had a DNA test done and found out that he is not her biological dad the baby will be two in September her real dad is on the scene
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. As he is not the biological father he does not have any automatic rights regarding the child. However, if he wishes to continue to have contact with her due to the history of their relationship he would be entitled to pursue an application to court for a child arrangements order - if no agreement can be reached between you.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you