Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My son has not been paying child support. After a court

My son has not been paying child support. After a court action a charge has been put on the family home by the csa. His ex partner in resident now wants to move on and sell the house and split the monies realised 50/50. I believe neither of them know of the charge. Can this stop the sale and them both from moving on.
John
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question.

The charge itself will not necessarily stop a sale happening, however, upon sale of the property the charge and any mortgage will need to be settled from the proceeds of sale and only then will the equity be released to them for sharing.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you