Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

We are adopting a child that is placed with us. We have got

Customer Question

Hi, we are adopting a child that is placed with us. We have got to know the birth mother very well who has made significant changes in her personal life since her daughter was put in care. We feel she should be reassessed for her parenting ability as we arenot comfortable to adopt if the child could be living with her. The social care team involved have refused to reassess her and she is going to oppose our adoption without any legal representation or assessment. Is there any way we can help her have a fair representation in court? As we love the child but don't want to adopt in this manner.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are you willing to risk the child being removed from your care by Social Services?