Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My daughter turns 18 July 7th and finishes her college

Customer Question

My daughter turns 18 July 7th and finishes her college course. She is intending on attending university 1 day a week as part of an apprenticeship based course. The course is a City and Guilds diploma in veterinary nursing. Do I continue to pay child maintenance until she turns 20
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. If there is already a child maintenance assessment and her training is a traineeship in England and is generally more than 12 hours a week course-related experience, then you will continue to be liable for child maintenance until she is 20 so long as she remains in the approved course.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.