Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

We agreed to divorce but surprisingly he petitioned me as I

We agreed to divorce but surprisingly he petitioned me as I had endured a 25 year violent marriage. I didn't want to contest the proceedings so I agreed. We received the decree nisi in January 2010 but he refuses to obtain the decree absolute. He lives in Qatar and I live in Bulgaria. How do I obtain a divorce without returning to the UK?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. As he has not applied for decree absolute you can now do so using this form http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=1114
The court may ask why it has taken you so long to apply for it and they may respond asking you to prepare a statement explaining this so ensure you include your address and contact details.
I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you