13262538

Really what i want to find out is if the house is still

Really what i want to find out is if the house is still split between my husband, his brother and his sister. Also his sister died 3 yrs ago and her husband gets her share? My husband seems to think that as all upkeep/maintenance costs have been his and he lives in house that the house could be his. Is there any truth in this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am afraid that unless the property was actually left to your husband in the Will then I am afraid his brother and sister do indeed still have a claim on the property of a third each.

The fact that he has lived there does not give him any extra rights - and doing the maintenance simply covers the "occupation rent" that he should have paid them.

Please ask if you need further details