Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Bcos of moving abroad my older children have decided to move

Customer Question

Bcos of moving abroad my older children have decided to move to their fathers house which he lives with his wife. Unfortunately the father is on business for a longer time abroad. So his wife will look for the children in the meantime until he is back. My question is: is she allowed to act on behalf of him for the children? Like medical care, application for schools...
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old are the children?

-Who is caring for them when the father is away?

-Is/was he married to you or is he named on their birth certificate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the children are 14 and 11 years old. When the father is away his wife will caring for them.
We were not married, he is named on their birth certificate.
Hope this information is helpful.
Marianne
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. Without a court order, she does not have parental responsibility and therefore cannot act on his behalf for the children. As you have parental responsibility as the mother you are the one that should be taking charge of this.

Is there a court order in place?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.