Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can you tell me what I have to write in a newspaper article

Customer Question

can you tell me what I have to write in a newspaper article for divorce on the grounds of desertion my spouse went back to America 2 years ago to set up a home for us over there however she got off the plane and started living with her ex boyfriend straight away, I found out by a facebook post and apparently she married this man last June in America I do not know where she lives or have any contact with her, my best chance of getting a divorce is on the grounds of desertion but I do no know what to write in a newspaper article to advertise my intention of divorce.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. You do not need to "advertise" intention to divorce in England. You only need to complete a divorce petitiunder 2 year desertion and outline how your spouse deserted you and no longer has any contact with you. You can see more about the process here: https://www.gov.uk/divorce/overview
I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.