Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My exwife went to her sister party with 2 kids and she left

my exwife went to her sister party with 2 kids and she left my 16 years alone at home
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your enquiry. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales and elaborate on your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am in london
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i call you now its urgent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what can i do now about this matter shall get the police involve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont have enough money to call me back but please answar me in writing what i have to do now please
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately, this will not be an issue as your child is 16 years old and it is not against the law to leave a 16 year old alone. I refer you to the guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/law-on-leaving-your-child-home-alone

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you,