13262538

I'm getting divorced and still live in the family home. No

I'm getting divorced and still live in the family home. No children involved. What happens if I move the new girlfriend into the house before divorce is finalised. The house is up for sale at present. Can my ex force the new partner to move out because she hasn't given permission for her to be be there.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Whose name is ***** ***** in and has their been a court approved financial settlement?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for more than 30 years.

If your new partner moves in then your ex cannot force her to leave UNLESS your ex is there an you are not.

At that point your partner would have no right to remain in the property when asked to leave.

So assuming that your ex is not living in the property (if so then NO your new partner cannot live with you) then the gamble is how often will she attend the property when you are now there to force your new partner to leave

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years