Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Divorce - papers served and acknowledged by Respondent back

Customer Question

Divorce - papers served and acknowledged by Respondent back in 2002 but did not proceed to decree nisi due to ill health and separation. No contact since 2007 can I proceed with divorce now with original papers
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Unless the divorce application has been withdrawn it will be live with the court and you can proceed with the application for Decree Nisi in the normal way. Given the delay in proceeding to the next stage the court may write back requesting a statement from you explaining the reasons for the delay.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.