Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

We have special guardianship order section 14a(1) with

hi
we have special guardianship order section 14a(1) with reguards to our grandaughter (since july 08)
we have a section 14c (3) and (4) not to removed from uk for more than 3 months.
we want to move to cyprus returning every 4-6 weeks.
Is this legal ??
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. The law states that under an SGO the child cannot be taken out of the country for a period of 3 months consecutively. In relation to the continuous trips to Cyprus, as long as they are not separately over three months each then it will be fine, however, there may be concerns raised why the child is being taken away so often and how this will impact education and school term, as well as any contact with parents/siblings if any.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.