13262538

My ex husbands brother from abroad purchased uk property.

Customer Question

My ex husbands brother from abroad purchased uk property. U.K. Residence ex husband via divorce settlement agreed with his brothers permission AND has been given a long lasting POA. Can ex husband transfer house to my name as part of divorce settlement?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.

Please may I ask:

- are you and your husband getting divorced in the UK?

- does your husband agree that the house should be transferred to you?

Kind Regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes we are divorced uk July 2015. Yes he agreed at court for one house to be transfer to my name which in ex brothers name
Land registry raising many issuesAsma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI, will house be easily transferRd to my name?

Dear Asma

Please accept my sincere apologies for my delay in responding to you.

If a court order has been made - then this should be complied with. Dealing with the actual transfer of the land may best be answered by one of my conveyancing colleagues. I will opt out so that they can assist you.

Kind Regards

Caroline

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi can you please refer me to conveyancing solicitor. An application was made ex husbands brother to Transfer a house to my name as part of divorce settlement. But land registry raised why ex husband and his made an long lasting power of attorney
Also I had to pay indemnity Insurance as ex and his brotherwas liable to pay but he refused to pay
Court order states responsdent husband to transfer one house to applicant wife.
Ex husbands brother agreed to do.
It taken many many months. Will it be easy to transfer in my name easily?
Is this a rare case?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi Asma

I was only thinking of you this week and hoping all was going well for you

What is the current position with regard to signatures etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I had issues with logging in the just answer website. Then I called the customer care team her advice was to loggin via Google chrome.
I'm ok bearing up after the outcome of appeal case childrens. I have now accepted and starting to move on. The house is have settled in well. No issues anymore. I am blessed to get this house. Getting my life back.
The situation is ex has signed and ex brother who's abroad signed the required information.
Land Registry manager is looking into the application.they only only Applied 17th June.
I am annoyed with my solicitors at the moment.
If house does not get transfered then we have option is to take matter back by to court for higher judge to look at my case. They have also sent the court order of January hearing outcome that property to be transfered to applicant wife.
All takin time. Because of ex delay giving all information it's taking almost 4 months.
What might be the outcome?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am glad that things are going better Asma

Try not to worry about this hiccup

The Land Registrar is just being ultra careful - I do not expect there to be any problem with the actual registration