Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Property owned as tenants in common. Husband died aged 72

Customer Question

Property owned as tenants in common. Husband died aged 72 after 23 yrs of marriage Widow had paid for her share of the house and still resides there. Deceased portion is left to three children - one is from deceased and widow and resides in said property. Other two of his four adult offspring from first marriage wish to force a sale of property still residence.
Under what terms can they do this. Deed of variance has been suggested and settlement
Could be made.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The will says payment should be made in two years. Two adult kids could contest. Does contention period have to be expired before anything done. Does third beneficiary have right to be informed of action of other two.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the exact wording of the Will regarding the property?

How much is the property worth