Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

We divorced 13 years ago. The Consent Order states that he

Customer Question

We divorced 13 years ago. The Consent Order states that he pay me £550 spousal maintenance joint lives. My son moved in with ex-husband about 2 years ago as he could not live with his younger sister. Ex then halved the spousal maintenance because of this. Now he says he will stop paying me any spousal maintenance as our eldest daughter is 18 and has finished higher education. She is taking a gap year.
Is he allowed to do either of these things?
Also the Consent Order states that he is not entitled to claim against me for income, capital or pension sharing orders, but only states that I cannot claim for capital or pension not his estate.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further details first

What is the exact wording of the Consent Order relating to maintenance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It states BY CONSENT AND SUBJECT TO DECREE ABSOLUTE IT IS ORDERD THAT:
1. From the date of this order the Respondent do pay or cause to be paid to the Petitioner periodical payments at the rate of £550 per month payable in advance during their joint lives until the Petitoner shall remarry or further order.
I have not remarried nor have I cohabited since the divorce.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Consent Order states: BY CONSENT AND SUBJECT TO DECREE ABSOLUTE IT IS ORDERED THAT:
From the date of this order the Respondent do pay or cause to be paid to the Petitioner periodical payments at the rate of £550 per month payable in advance during their joint lives until the petitioner shall remarry or further order.
I have neither remarried nor cohabited since the divorce.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Was Child Maintenance dealt with anywhere else in the Order?