Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can a person who was married in England but who has lived in

can a person who was married in England but who has lived in Scotland for six years get a divorce in England for adultery from a wife who has now lived in England for the past nine months.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Yes this is possible - they will need to tick the box stating "The court has jurisdiction other than under the Council Regulation on the basis that no court of a Contracting State has jurisdiction under the Council Regulation and the Respondent is domiciled in England and Wales on the date when this application is issued" so long as she considers England as her permanent home.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.