Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am married with a child under 4 years old. I am joint

Customer Question

Hello I am married with a child under 4 years old. I am joint owner of the house we live in and my husband owns a business with his business partner and another property (i am not joint owner of that property or involved in the buisness) I recieve a payment from the business each month around £600. I am currently at home looking after our child and my partners daughter when she is here... His daughter has another home and my husband has a court order for contact but he is not the primary carer. So his child does have a home of her own outside of our home. The marriage needs to finish but he is refusinmg to leave and is telling me I will have to go and I will make him homless along with his daughter is he leaves (this is not true for his daughter given her other home) I have have suggested mediation but he has refused and is clear that i must leave as he will not. I am not sure where i stand legally or what I can do. Please can you advise me. Sandra
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-What are the proposed arrangements for your daughter?

-How old is his daughter?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What is his income?
-What is the value of the property, and what is the outstanding mortgage?
-Who is now living in the property?