Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I need some advice regarding a pension sharing order. i have

I need some advice regarding a pension sharing order. i have a separation agreement which made a provision regarding pension, however i have now received the divorce details regarding the pension and require advice as to whether it is correct.
The amount is to be shared from one pension policy only when there are actually 3 policies.
I am not sue what to do.
kind regards
kathy
Expert:  Harris replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required:

-Please confirm if the separation agreement/financial settlement has been approved by a court?

-What are the exact terms of the pension sharing?

-What is the value of each pension, and which one is the sharing in relation to?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I do not think it was approved by a court. the separation agreement says was that i received an amount £37000 from sottish widows but the pension that the divorce says it will be from Friends Life.
the agreement states that:
a sum o £37,000 from his pension providing that his pension company permit him to do so without a Pension Sharing Order. In the event that a Pension Sharing Order is required, then to transfer the said amount by way of a pension sharing order within financial remedy proceedings,
The pensions are Friends Life - £53,025 Sottish Widows £132,524 A J Bell £143,378.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If the agreement was approved by the out would that make a difference?the AJ Bell pensionis aually £14,378
Expert:  Harris replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. Firstly, it will not make a massive difference which pension it comes from as you will be set up a separate pension to put your agreed share.

However, the share you have agreed to amounts to about 18-19% of the pension. Whether this is a fair settlement or not is difficult to confirm as I will require a lot more details, and it will be for a court to approve a settlement to make it final. If the agreement is not approved by a court you will both be open to potential financial relief claims by the other even after divorce and until the potential applicant has remarried.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 8 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Expert:  Harris replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I note you have left a negative rating. Please could you confirm what you are not happy about so that I can provide you with all the information you require to resolve this matter.

Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It did not feel it provided enough information. I rated you so that you would be paid.
Expert:  Harris replied 8 months ago.