Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Mother of a 13 year son who has custody, gets from the

Customer Question

Mother of a 13 year son who has custody, gets from the father 17 pounds a week from child maintenance approved by the CSA (case closed), he started his own company approx. 2 years ago, which I feel was to deceive the CSA so he can pay the minimum. I have recently found him (Photo & Bio, his bio states he has worked with some UK's largest construction company's) on a another companies website listed as the "Account Director" and part of their "Management team", this company turns over 700 million pounds a year.
Son spends every 2nd weekend with his father, who has bragged about getting a new house, new car etc.
This to me isn't fair
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Have you applied to recalculate his legal liability?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His company that he set up has been running at a lost for the last 2 years, thise would be the financials he'd show.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Despite the company running at a loss it would be what he is actually earning that needs to be investigated. In the circumstances I would suggest you contact the CSA/CMS to request an updated calculation and assessment and provide them this new information to assist them. They will then do the leg-work and report back to you with their decision.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Solicitor for more that 30 years.

Just to add to the above

It is a peculiarity of the system than any first assessment does NOT take account of dividends received from a Company.

Accordingly once the re-assessment has been completed you then need to ask for a review based on the fact that he also receives dividends.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only proof of income this person needs to satisfy CSA is showing his company running at a lost, even thou he holidays to 5 star resorts, buys a new car every year. Talks about buying a bigger newer home. CSA does nothing!!! that's why I thought a lawyer (like yourselves) might know a way to force him to show his income.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - it is for the CSA to carry out these investigations to ascertain his true income and his child maintenance liability.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could we employ a solicitor and take this case to court privately. Then subpoena employees of this company we expect he is working for to validate his employment?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

As the CSA have jurisdiction in this matter a court will unfortunately not deal with an application regarding child maintenance

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.