Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My boyfriend has recently moved into my house and s divorce

My boyfriend has recently moved into my house and his divorce has not been finalised, he has been legally separated for 18 months and I met him in January of this year. His wife now wants him back and will not sign the divorce papers - Am I at risk financially at being brought into their divorce proceedings in 6 months time - I live in Jersey
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: my email address is***@******.***
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. You will not be at risk financially as the wife has no claim against you. If she pursued a financial relief application it can only be against her husband as part of the divorce.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.