Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My boyfriend has recently moved into my house and s divorce

My boyfriend has recently moved into my house and his divorce has not been finalised, he has been legally separated for 18 months and I met him in January of this year. His wife now wants him back and will not sign the divorce papers - Am I at risk financially at being brought into their divorce proceedings in 6 months time - I live in Jersey
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: my email address is***@******.***
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.

Hi, thank you for your question. You will not be at risk financially as the wife has no claim against you. If she pursued a financial relief application it can only be against her husband as part of the divorce.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.