Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I would just like some advice on a contact order. My

Hello, I would just like some advice on a contact order. My daughter has a contact order that her ex sees their child every Wednesday and every other Saturday. The child cries every time she has to go but my daughter has to make her go. We have a family funeral coming up on a contact Saturday, My daughter has emailed her ex and told him this and asked if he can have her on the Sunday. He has refused this and said he don't care who died it is his day and that is that. If she attends the funeral and not contact will she be breaking the order?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old is the child?

-How long has the arrangement and order been in place?

-Has the father kept to the terms of the order to date?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the child is 3
the order has been in place since November
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to work now but will be back at 1. 15 can I talk then please?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. Firstly, the order is there to be abided by so that it is in the child's best interests. Legally, the mother must make the child available for the arrangements as contained in the court order. If she does not then the father will have grounds to apply to court for enforcement of the order and the court will assess the circumstances that the order has not been complied with and whether the failure to comply was reasonable.

Furthermore, if the father has not been abiding by the court order then she should consider applying to court to vary the arrangements using form C100 and a £215 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.