Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My former husband took me to court saying that" He believe s

Customer Question

My former husband took me to court saying that " He believe his son is at risk of being taken abroad to live permanently. He want the court to prevent the removal of his son from the UK. We are now divorced in May 2016"
The hearing is on the 14th of July 2016 , the cot ask me to file in a position statement setting out my position against the order sought.
I have no intention of such allegation.
Out son will be 7 on the 4th of August this year and he doesn't pay any child support for the child niether did he buy him any cloth or shoe. Please advise me how to write the position statement
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. The position statement should be something that is fairly concise - usually no more than two pages, stating what your thoughts are about the application, a brief background to the relationship and arrangements for the child and your intentions to settle the application with your proposals and a brief response to any allegations he has raised in his application.

In relation to the child maintenance, if he has not voluntarily agreed to pay child maintenance then you should apply to the Child Maintenance Service so that they can carry out a calculation as to his liability which is based on his gross income and how many nights on average your child stays overnight with him each week. You can see the process here: https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/how-to-apply

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.