13262538

My ex-wife has applied "live with" order. The

My ex-wife has applied for a "live with" order. The Magistrates have granted her this, but I am completely unfamilair with what exactly this means.Can someone explain to me what benefits she will be getting, and what website I can go to? I would like to know the rights I have just lost.Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but i need some further information first.

Could you explain exactly what has happened to provoke the application?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are divorcing...
I applied to the courts for custody rights. Previously she would not let the children (2 and 6) sleep over at my house. Nor would she allow them to travel on Holiday with me. I approached the courts..While I was in the court room she asked the Magistrates to consider her live with order, to formally state the children spend most of their time with her.I am unclear why she would do so, I have never objected to the kids being at her house the majority of the time.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You have not lost any rights at all.

The only benefit your ex gets are

1. If you fail to return them after any period that it has been agreed they should spend with you then she can ask the police for assistance in recovering them

2. She can take them out of the UK for up to 28 days without your agreement (provided it does not interfere with contact)

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details