Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

How/can I apply of attorney and well being after my mum

Customer Question

How/can I apply for power of attorney for health and well being after my mum already has Alkhiemers??
I have poa for finance already but was told it was not needed for health!!
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. If she has now lost mental capacity you will need to apply to the Court of Protection to become her deputy. This gives you similar powers to that of an attorney. The process of becoming a deputy is a lot more time-consuming and expensive than an Lasting Power of Attorney. A deputy must also do some things on an ongoing basis, such as paying an annual fee and submitting an annual report, so it is usually easier for someone to be an attorney rather than a deputy. You can read more about this and how to apply here:https://www.gov.uk/become-deputy/overview

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you