Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My father's wife has left m. When they married 10+ years ago

Customer Question

My father's wife has left him. When they married 10+ years ago they are both 85 years of age. She sold her property and gave her daughter 100 thousand before moving in with my father. My father as dementia and will need to be cared for. His wife is his power of attourney. The property is in his sole name. He has a state and private pension of approx 2300. What would his wife be entitled to?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask:

- what is the equity in the property?

- what other matrimonial assets including pensions for both of them?

- how old are they both?

- what are their individual care needs?

Kind Regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property is owned by my father approx value 150000. He may of taken an equity release of 20000 to pay back 50000 on his death. My father has a private and state pension around 2300 per month his wife has a state pension in her own right. They are both 85 years of age. His wife sold a property on marrying my father for 130000 giving 100000 to her daughter she has 35000 in savings my father has 40000 in savings. My Dad has a diagnosis of dementia but physically able requires a support package day care and domicilary care is being assessed to see if he has capacity. His wife is partially sighted but independent currently. She is now living with her daughter but they believe she will require long term care. His wife has power of attorney since 2013. Allowing access to his bank account.

Please can you confirm if you are able to see my messages as I appear to be having technical difficulties