Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Is there a timetable on when a divorce petition can be valid

Is there a timetable on when a divorce petition can be valid or will not be dismissed? I have an ongoing divorce petition, which I filed in 2013, but my wife has not responded to it and has chosen to ignore it so I cannot proceed with the decree nisi until today.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your further question. If the divorce application is not withdrawn it will remain lice with the court and upon application for decree nisi the court will consider whether the grounds for divorce have been met. In your case as long as you are able to prove in an application for deemed service that your spouse has received thr petition and is intentionally avoiding it, then you can proceed to application for decree nisi once the court make the order for deemed service.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.