Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am married to a lady since 2002 but seperatedin 2011 due

Customer Question

Hello I am married to a lady since 2002 but seperatedin 2011 due to circumstances outside our control, ie a false accusation of rape was made against me which took 2.5 years for me to be found innocent of an accusation without basis . I was removed by social services during this time as I have an 11 year old daughter. Once proved innocent my wife had a lover frequently living in my house with her . The house is in my name and contains all my possessions and I am the only one who has ever had employment. Social services persuaded me to rent accommodation but they are now not dealing with us as no case to answer . The lover has gone and is a useless layabout. Throughout this I have been on good terms with my wife and see my daughter all the time. I am right now towards the end of a 2 week holiday in Rhodes with my wife and daughter and it has been amazing . I bought my wife her 2 favorite perfumes and told her I love her and want to be with her again and I have everything to offer her.. She said she wants to consider her options but she has none. She has refused divorce violently in the past. What is stopping me moving back into my house while she decides? I am worried she will either ignore me or move her lover in to not resolve this situation as she cannot afford to live if our assets are split
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What other assets are there and what income do you each have?

What contact do you have with your daughter when you are in the UK?