Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can my daughters father take her abroad

Customer Question

Can my daughters father take her abroad
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old is your daughter?

-Are you married to the father/were you married to him when your daughter was born?

-Is he named on her birth certificate?

-Are there any court orders in place, if so what?

-Where does he want to take her?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer is no to all of those questions & he's taking her to greecelebrate next month, I know about this but he's never ask my permission to take her, she's been staking with him for the last 3 month to give me a break from the stress she's been causing to myself & my younger daughter. The child in question is 15.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. In the circumstances he cannot take her abroad without your explicit consent and he will likely be stopped at the border if he does not have written consent for her travel. If you oppose the trip for reasonable reasons then you can apply to court for a prohibited steps order using form C100 and a £215 court fee to your local family court. If you have her passport then it will be near impossible for him to travel with her.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.