How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34589
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex husband has decide not to pay the court order of

Resolved Question:

My ex husband has decide not to pay the court order of support
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Could you explain a little more about the situation please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were divorced in june 2000. The court order was for annual payments not a lump sum and no claim on his pensions. He modified it to suit him, by paying £10,000 per annum privately and approx £250 a week through his business.
Last year he sold the company and decided he did not want to pay the portion that previously went through it. The last payment was made on 2nd June. I do not know the price that the company was sold at, but I suspect he retained the properties as they legally belong to another company also owned by him.
He owns an £800,000 home here in the UK plus a lakeside property in florida which is on the market for $600,000 and he travels there First Class every winter. He also owns a bass boat, Harley Davidson and two Range Rovers.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What is the exact wording of the Spouse maintenance order?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully there should be a photo attached
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

He has no right whatsoever to stop any of the payments.

You can apply to enforce the Order using this form

The fee is £155 and the Court will decide how to enforce the arrears and ensure future payments

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome I hope all goes well

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you