13262538

I have given power of attorney to my sister. - I have power

I have given power of attorney to my sister. - I have power of attorney for my mother. - my sister and her husband have power of attorney for each other.
does that mean that actually my sister's husband has, by a round about route power of attorney for me and further on for my mother?
we are all confused!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Ingenious - and I understand the thought process - but no it does not work like that!

The Power of Attorney only allow the person appointed to deal with the affairs of the person who has appointed them - they do not inherit the Power of Attorney signed by anyone else

Please ask if you need further details