Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife has registered her boyfriend as our child on her

my wife has registered her boyfriend as our child on her birth certificate and now she has blocked me from seeing my child
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my wife has registered her boyfriend as the father of our child on her birth certificate and now she will not allow me access to my child saying the child has nothing to do with me as her boyfriend is the legal father now.What can i do ? i have been to police but they have said its not a crime and to go civil court which i have been told will cost me tens of thousands if my decides to be un co-operative which i know she will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if my wife decides to be un co-operative which i know she definetely will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not spoke to her as she has disappeared after i applied for a divorce .my solicitors now say it will cost me tens of thousands trying to track her and serving her the papers.I need to just be able to contact my daughter and prove i am the father rather than go through the whole expensive route of divorce.What is my best option to prove her boyfriend is not the legal father and that i am,as i said her boyfriend is currently on the birth certificate and its false ,they both know its false as they both know i am the real father
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. In the circumstances you will need to apply to court for declaration of parentage, which is basically the court making an order for a DNA test to be undertaken. You can see the process for this here: https://www.gov.uk/dna-testing-parentage-disagreements

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.