Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Require advise on my ex partner and the childrens mother

Require advise on my ex partner and the childrens mother showing my children court paperwork from my past pre her and children to ruin my relationship with my children, she has got copies of all my paperwork and will not return them to me.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old are the children?

-Was the mother part of the court proceedings that you refer to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 and 12 yes she was. criminal and family but this is my past before her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello are you still online
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. Given their ages, it is entirely inappropriate for her to be disclosing court paper. I would suggest that initially you write a warning letter to her requesting that she does not engage the children in discussions about the court case or adult issues as they are too young for this.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tried this and my ex says nothing in reply
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - given that she has already shown the children the court paperwork, you cannot change this.

Are court proceedings on-going or have they concluded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have concluded i have regular access but i live local and run a small LTD company and she's saying she's going to show everyone, this is my past from nearly twenty years ago. i and my life has changed for the better nobody knows my past where i live and feel if they did it would seriously affect me and the children.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Is she referring to the family law matter, or other proceedings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both my past and the family matters from 2.5 years ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. If she were to disclose information from the family law proceedings to people other than parties to the proceedings, she will be breaching court rules and confidentiality. Court matters involving children are private and cannot be disclosed without leave of the court. I would suggest that you write a further warning letter setting out that if she continues her threats that you will apply to court for contempt as she cannot disclose these matters to the public without the court allowing her to do so. This can be done using form C1 (if the proceedings have concluded) or form C2 if they are ongoing - there will also be a £155 court fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many thanks for the information Harris
i shall try and engage her again if not court