13262538

My husband and I are divorcing, we have agreed a split of

Customer Question

My husband and I are divorcing , we have agreed a split of assets , the family home is currently in both names on a joint mortgage , he's agreed to
Stay on the mortgage but the equity in the property be transferred to me . I understand we need A transfer of deeds document which must be requested by a solicitor . My question is does it matter who's solicitor requests it from the mortgage company ?
It's basically a transferred of joint assets to sole .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Since you are having the benefit of the arrangement it is for your solicitor to request the necessary paperwork.

However do be aware that it may not be posisble for there to be a Transfer - the matter nay have to simply form part of a Final Financial Order sealed by the court

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it have to be requested by a solicitor , could I not just request it ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Of course you can!