13262538

My daughter is eight and lives with me and her step-dad, big

Customer Question

My daughter is eight and lives with me and her step-dad, big brother and little sister! She visited her dad every fortnight for Friday and Saturday night! On Sundays he always brings her back later, about ten times, we have asked politely to bring her back at 6-30 pm, so she can settled in and see her sister, sort her pet hamster and in bed for 8 pm for school! What rights do I have as this keeps happening and she is very tired on Mondays and Tuesdays!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

What time does he return her - and what time was actually agreed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hour half later to two hours, sometimes 8 ish onwards, we agreed 6-30 pm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am still waiting for you to reply??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay - I am not sure how your question fell off my list

Have the school mentioned anything about the tiredness (it always helps to have independent comments)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, but what rights do i have to agree a set time to come back at???
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

This is a matter which needs to be agreed between you - with a Court Applictaion being the final resort.

Obviously you have tried to explain the matter - and the father is ignoring it.

The next stage is to tray and discuss it with him using Family Mediation

www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk

so that you have assistance in ensuring that he understands that the contact times have to be child centred and based on what is best for your daughter

If that fails then you may have to apply to the Court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the specific times

It is better if that can be avoided - but the choice is not necessarily yours

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details