Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife is looking to get divorced and seeing a solicotor

My wife is looking to get divorced and seeing a solicotor next week , we have put our house on the market 8 months ago with the plan to sell and buy bigger, we have Yesterday received a offer , my concerns are whilst i am still tied legally as i earn most monies do i proceed with the house sale or wait and go through divorce first?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As part of the divorce you will need to reach a financial settlement with your wife which should be approved by the court. The house sale can proceed, but given that a divorce is in progress they are likely to hold the proceeds of sale until a settlement is reached with your wife.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.