Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have attended a first hearing over child arrangement to

Customer Question

I have attended a first hearing over child arrangement to proceed for child arrangement order.
Numerous mistakes, negligence have arise by the court and my solicitor.
I have complained to my solicitor and now she decides to not represent me.
I would like to stop proceeding.
What are the implications?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm that you are seeking information on what will happen if you stop pursuing the court application?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I confirm
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If you seek to withdraw your application, the best way to do it is to agree it with the respondent and have a consent order signed to withdraw the application. However, you should be aware that if you do so with no contact provisions then you will have no formal or enforceable arrangements regarding the children. Furthermore, if you were to return to court in the future it will likely be referenced that you had previously sought a child arrangement order but withdrew the application.

What are the reasons for wanting to withdraw?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lack of trust and too many mistakes being made by the court and solicitor to my detriment
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - you should be aware that you can transfer your instructions to a different firm if you are not happy about your representation.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.