Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

How can you divorce someone after you get married. Myself

How long can you divorce someone after you get married. Myself and husband of less than a year agree that our marriage isn't working and agree to divorce.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Englang
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately you cannot pursue a divorce until you have been married for at least 1 year. After one year you can apply for divorce under unreasonable behaviour or once you have been separated for at least 2 years you can apply under the fact of 2 year separation (by consent).

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you,