13262538

My 84 yrs old mother resides with me at my home. she went to

my 84 yrs old mother resides with me at my home. she went to my sisters for respite, 1 week. now shes turned my mother against me, telling her i dont want her to come back here. she turns her phone off when she goes to work, leaving my elderl mother on her own. shes collapsed twice in the past, luckily when i was there. i have just, last night, found out my mums in the hospital, which i didnt know bout. my mum thinks i havent been to see her cause i dont care. my mums sister phoned her at the hospital, using my sisters mobile to contact her. my mum said that i didnt want her back here but my aunt told her the truth. then my sister took the phone off mum & told my aunt never to call again.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Has your mother ever signed a Lasting Power of Attorney?

Have you spoken to the hospital?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i havent been told what ward shes even on. no to your first question.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Have you called the hospital and asked?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
they wouldnt tell me, i could be anybody.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

They would not confirm which ward she was on?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no, its patient confidentiality
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

That is odd

Can you attend in person?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i cant because i havent a clue what part of the hospital she is in. its a massive hospital
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

When was your mother last living with you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
my mother has lived with me for the last 22 years, until 11 days ago
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
what i should have said was my mother & i lived together for the last 22 years. she went to my sisters 11 days ago for a short respite. im disabled & find things difficult, mum has C.O.P.D. & other things wrong with her, & she went to my sisters as she could bathe her etc, i wouldnt bathe my own mum so she is supposed to go to sisters address for 1 week per month.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Have you spoken to the GP and asked for help?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no, again its patient confidentiality
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Have you actually spoken to them?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i dont need to, i know how the law works in the UK with regards ***** ***** such as doctors, nurses etc
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

As do I

Yet I have arrived at hospitals and been told at reception which ward my relative was on.

Additionally I have spoken to my elderly parents GP and sought advice and assistance - all within the confidentiality rules.

These are the options that you have - either in person or by phone contact the hospital and express your concerns.

Ask to speak to the Hospital Social worker and explain what has happened and ask them to speak to your mother

Ask the local external Social Services to speak to her if she has now left hospital.

Please ask if you need further details