Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have been rewarded a sum of money ON THE SALE of the house

I have been rewarded a sum of money ON THE SALE of the house in 2010. Now the house is finally sold, how do I go about getting these monies? My ex has been bullying me to sign this sum to him ever since the court order, so I wouldn't like to relive this experience...
Is there any way to discuss that in civilised surroundings, or with a mediator, please?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Was this award approved in a court order and is the property in sole or joint names?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a court order, stating the arrangement. Case No SE09D00109 (amended to 65Z)
The property was in my ex-husband's name only.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to attach the order here using the paperclip icon? A photo of the order attached would be helpful if you do not have it stored on your computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, took my time scanning and ordering...
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Has she paid the £15,000 due by 31 August 2010?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's HE. Yes, he did, as per paperwork provided,
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Apologies. as the property is in his sole name, the money will be released directly to him upon completion and you should write a formal letter to him requesting settlement of the £10,000 upon completion of the sale. If this does not happen, unfortunately you would need to apply to court using form D11 and a £155 court fee to implement that term of the order.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.