Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband and I are separating. I have a very low income.

Customer Question

My husband and I are separating. I have a very low income. What can I expect him to assist with the costs of the house, we have 2 chn age 4&5 yrs.
He is still in the house, moving out in 4 weeks.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-What are the proposed arrangements for the children?
-What properties, assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What is his income?
-Whose name is ***** ***** in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 29, he is 37. We are both on the mortgage. We have been married 14months. No other assets. His income is £32000p/y. The children will be living with me in the house and he will have them three weekends out of four.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

What is the value of the property and the outstanding mortgage, and how many bedrooms is the property?

Is your name on the title deed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property is worth £170000 the mortgage is at 106000 but we bought it on a first time buyer scheme so there is 26000 to pay on that too. Yes my name is ***** ***** deed. It has 3 bedrooms
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - what is your income and what are your prospects to increase this? Is the income from employment or benefits?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.