Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband and I are separating. I have a very low income.

Customer Question

My husband and I are separating. I have a very low income. What can I expect him to assist with the costs of the house, we have 2 chn age 4&5 yrs.
He is still in the house, moving out in 4 weeks.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-What are the proposed arrangements for the children?
-What properties, assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What is his income?
-Whose name is ***** ***** in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 29, he is 37. We are both on the mortgage. We have been married 14months. No other assets. His income is £32000p/y. The children will be living with me in the house and he will have them three weekends out of four.
Expert:  Harris replied 12 months ago.

What is the value of the property and the outstanding mortgage, and how many bedrooms is the property?

Is your name on the title deed?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The property is worth £170000 the mortgage is at 106000 but we bought it on a first time buyer scheme so there is 26000 to pay on that too. Yes my name is ***** ***** deed. It has 3 bedrooms
Expert:  Harris replied 12 months ago.

Thank you - what is your income and what are your prospects to increase this? Is the income from employment or benefits?

Expert:  Harris replied 12 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.