Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am divorced,amiciably.6 years ago. my partner of 6 years

Customer Question

I am divorced,amiciably.6 years ago. my partner of 6 years whom i live with is still married but has now started divorce proceedings. The husband has now claimed that he is going to drag me and my assets, worth a fair bit, into the divorce. please, is this possible?
David
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Your assets and finances will not be claimable by your partner's husband as part of the their financial proceedings however, your partner's husband can request disclosure of your financial position in an attempt to show that your partner's needs are being met by you and therefore attempt to reduce any claim that your partner has towards him.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.